Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Big Brother

Soviet cogitations: 841
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 21:43
Komsomol
Post 04 Mar 2004, 09:46
Has the Party spirited away my thread? Or does no one remember there ever being a UK comrades thread? Or have I just forgotten where I put it?
Can an yone think of any time that something has just disappeared and no one can remember it? A Big Brother thread could be interesting...

To get the ball rolling, remember how they changed the purpose of the Iraq was near the end, but everyone thought it had been for that reason all along?

Baptised in blood, I fear no death. Life is weakness, pain is release. The abyss is eternal, my existence infernal.
Soviet cogitations: 72
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Feb 2004, 10:31
Pioneer
Post 04 Mar 2004, 10:28
Yeah, where has that thread gone? I replied to it yesterday, so it was still there then.....
Soviet cogitations: 368
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Feb 2004, 23:36
Komsomol
Post 04 Mar 2004, 11:08
It porbably got deleted because some moron was advocating violence after Siberian Fox told him to stop.

And the thing about the Iraq war shows how much power the media has and how impressionable 90% of the population is. If only that power could be used for good....
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face. Forever.
Soviet cogitations: 36
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Mar 2004, 14:43
Pioneer
Post 07 Mar 2004, 21:44
It's scary. Like when Wesley Clark was asked to connect the 9/11 to Iraq on CNN, with no proof. Scary. Luckily he didn't do it.

This is the reason why all countries should have at least one state owned (but NOT state controlled) media. A state owned media will be able to tell things as they are without worrying about how the businesses will take them. Because that is the problem with CNN. They have to keep a Conservative point of view because the advertisers are Conservative. And if they try to put a Social-Liberal spin on a story they're likely to lose money. CNN are not as bad as FOX News, though.
We Should be Obscene in the Hill of Europe
http://www.geocities.com/realnobelprizecandidates
Soviet cogitations: 1011
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Feb 2004, 06:15
Party Member
Post 07 Mar 2004, 22:42
Quote:
A state owned media will be able to tell things as they are without worrying about how the businesses will take them.

Sure

Or it would be like that if the business didnt have an iron grip over the goverment already.

State owned channels are like the BBC. At best. At worst they´re like the channels in Italy and Spain: totally politized and shamelessly in favor of the goverment.
Komsomol
Post 07 Mar 2004, 23:04
What's wrong with that?

Baptised in blood, I fear no death. Life is weakness, pain is release. The abyss is eternal, my existence infernal.
Soviet cogitations: 368
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Feb 2004, 23:36
Komsomol
Post 07 Mar 2004, 23:32
Well, if the government is evil (and most capitalist governments are) then having a newsstation totally loyal to it would discourage revolution.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face. Forever.
Soviet cogitations: 1526
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jan 2004, 10:30
Party Member
Post 07 Mar 2004, 23:40
wise words of wise men
Soviet cogitations: 28
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Jan 2004, 09:17
Pioneer
Post 08 Mar 2004, 04:31
An example, when we were watching the US prisoners of war on Turkish TV's especially CNN Turkish, CNN or other US channels didn't inform it's citizens about the captives. The capitalist anxiety contradicts on the national and the international basis, because of the main contradiction of national and the comprador bourgeoise. Instead of making the proletariat killed against forces of the bourgeoise, it's better to make the nationalists and the compradors kill each other with going on big scale stirkes. Because when there will be no production, you'll see those stock markets going down and make the bourgeoises cutting each others throat.
Soviet cogitations: 36
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Mar 2004, 14:43
Pioneer
Post 08 Mar 2004, 11:19
Krasniy_Volk wrote:
Sure

Or it would be like that if the business didnt have an iron grip over the goverment already.

State owned channels are like the BBC. At best. At worst they´re like the channels in Italy and Spain: totally politized and shamelessly in favor of the goverment.

Well of course there are exceptions to this, and it's no good when the governments control the media. But I made that clear. For companies like BBC (England), CBC (Canada) or DR (Denmark) the state owns the media, but has no direct, and very little indirect, say in what the channels broadcast.
We Should be Obscene in the Hill of Europe
http://www.geocities.com/realnobelprizecandidates
Soviet cogitations: 4796
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Feb 2004, 11:09
Ideology: Other Leftist
Central Committee
Post 11 Mar 2004, 10:09
Even if the government doesn't own the media they still censor it in certains ways, usually using the excuse of "family values". They still maintain a good degree of control of content, such as the american movie Dude, Where's my Car was forced to take out many many drug references because the movie didn't show marijuana as a particularly bad thing, whereas they don't say a word when gang violence and jail time results in other movies from drug use. They still have control, it's just more subtle, we're not going to see any Nipples on TV for a while thanks to janet jackson.
Soviet cogitations: 8
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Mar 2004, 19:56
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 15 Mar 2004, 18:50
the fact that britain is secretly run by communists proves how big brother is a communist power
Soviet cogitations: 1598
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 23 Feb 2004, 22:46
Party Member
Post 15 Mar 2004, 20:54
Gorbachev2004, acid is bad for you, mmkay?
Comrade Andrei Mazenov
2007 Winner of Soviet-Empire's A View to Kilt Award

Soviet cogitations: 8
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Mar 2004, 19:56
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 19 Mar 2004, 14:26
acid be good spanking the monkey over stalin be bad
Soviet cogitations: 572
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jan 2004, 19:01
Komsomol
Post 20 Mar 2004, 06:09
Hi,

Please be intelligent.

Your join date and posts raise alot of suspicions.

Thanks,
Bye.
Komsomol
Post 22 Mar 2004, 12:30
Hmm... I'm frowning heavilyat you right now, Gorby...

Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.