Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Golden Dawn Neo-Nazis' admiration for Donald Trump

Soviet cogitations: 3
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Apr 2016, 11:00
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 07 Apr 2016, 11:18

Special to In Defense of Communism.

The republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has gained some new fans on the other side of the Atlantic. His offensive, openly racist rhetoric seems to charm the Neo-Nazi thugs of 'Golden Dawn'. That explains why the websites of the Greek criminal-fascist organisation include articles praising Trump ("a patriot and a nice guy" as they call him) and his anti-immigration, anti-muslim language.

Commenting on Trump, Golden Dawn MP Panagiotaros said during a party's web discussion: "The latest thing he (Trump) said is "it is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred days as a sheep". And when they told him that these were the words of Mussolini, he replied "I don't care"... The guy doesn't mince his words". The same admiration for Trump can be found in articles published in the official site of Golden Dawn's Nazis. For example, we read the following: "The candidate for the republican nomination, Donald Trump, hasn't stop telling truths which exceedingly annoy the american-zionist establishment". On the same article, the author... congratulates Trump for "his courage".

In another article (also published on Golden Dawn's official site), Trump is praised for his expressed will to deport "11 million illegal immigrants, to prohibit muslims from entering the United States and build a wall across US-Mexican borders". The enthusiasm of the Greek Neonazi party for Trump cannot be hidden: "Despite the polemics against him in the Republican Party, Trump shows his wider acceptance in almost all the social sections of his party's voters, as far as he is the one who expressed better the anxieties, the fear and the anger of many americans for the political system".

Hitler's ideological descendants don't forget to insult celebrities who have expressed their disgust about Trump. Actor George Clooney, for example, has been labeled as "ridiculous liberal leftist (sic) hypocrite".

But, apart from expressing publicly their admiration for Trump, Golden Dawn's Neo-nazis try to tighten their relations with white supremacist-racist groups from the US. On March 11, the Greek newspaper "Real News" published a report about the visit of US racist parties' representatives in Athens, after an invitation by Golden Dawn. More specifically, the Greek Neo-Nazis met with the leaders of the so-called "Traditionalist Workers Party" and the US supremacist organisation "White Student Union".

At a glance: What is Golden Dawn.

'Golden Dawn' is a fascist-criminal organisation which presents itself as a "nationalist" political party. Leading members of GD have been photographed with portraits of Hitler, Goebbels and the swastika, while in the past the party's official magazine included hymns to Nazis and the Third Reich.

Golden Dawn's members have been prosecuted for numerous attacks on immigrants as well as Greek citizens; on September 2013 a member of the Nazi organisation, G.Roupakias, murdered anti-fascist musician Pavlos Fyssas in Piraeus, while a few days before a group of Golden Dawn's thugs attacked and seriously injured members of KKE and PAME.

Golden Dawn- a political puppet of the big capital and the shipowning industry - currently holds 18 seats in the Greek Parliament.

Source: In Defense of Communism.
Soviet cogitations: 14444
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Philosophized
Post 21 Apr 2016, 05:36
The International Right has pretty much universally come out in favor of Trump. That is a telling fact.
Soviet cogitations: 208
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 May 2009, 19:37
Pioneer
Post 25 Apr 2016, 18:29
Trump is the new Hilter but without the mass middle class army. The so called "middle-class", or petit-bourgeoisie, while numerous during 19th and early 20th century, is now just a faint light of the past, unable to do anything significant.

It is as Marx had said:

Quote:
Hegel remarks somewhere that all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce.

The middle-class which had given rise to Napoleon, Hitler, etc. Now let their last farce begin.
"Stalin brought us up — on loyalty to the people, He inspired us to labor and to heroism!" Soviet Anthem 1944.
Let's work hard and do valorous deed!
Soviet cogitations: 216
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Jul 2013, 05:04
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 28 Apr 2016, 06:49
Dagoth Ur wrote:
The International Right has pretty much universally come out in favor of Trump. That is a telling fact.

I think they will be disappointed. Trump is not really a fascist or even a proto-fascist, he is just using the usual racist dog-whistle tactics that the GOP has been using for a long time, since at least Richard Nixon and even before. It has been an important tool for getting working-class whites to support their right-wing agendas by making racial and ethnic minorities, women, and other "out" groups scapegoats for economic problems.

What makes Trump interesting is that he does sometimes talk like an economic populist and this is what has the mainstream Republicans worried. Working-class whites are doing very badly these days and they desperately want a hero who will bring back the glory days of the second half of the 20th century.

The same economic factors that have created momentum behind Bernie Sanders have also helped to create the surge in support for Trump. Of course their supporters are not identical and Trump does have a lot of popularity among Far Rightists and racists based on his dog whistles about Mexicans and Muslims, for example. But I think the fascists will be disappointed if Trump wins the presidency.
Philosophized
Post 28 Apr 2016, 17:59
Yes I completely agree. Trump will become establishment as soon as he clinches the nomination.
Soviet cogitations: 8
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Dec 2015, 18:59
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 14 May 2016, 02:32
Dagoth Ur wrote:
Yes I completely agree. Trump will become establishment as soon as he clinches the nomination.

I'm not sure about that; I think the Elites are becoming more Fascist. They have to appear that they oppose Trump, even as many secretly supported Hitler in order to turn him eastwards to attack Soviet Russia.
Philosophized
Post 08 Jun 2016, 22:00
If he doesn't he will lose. But I wonder almost of that isn't the point, so as to install Hillary for sure.
Soviet cogitations: 1078
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Sep 2013, 03:08
Ideology: Trotskyism
Party Member
Post 08 Jun 2016, 22:23
Trump did call Bill Clinton shortly before announcing, so I wouldn't be surprised if Trump was talked into running. Whether because Bill Clinton believed Trump would easily lose, or tried to get him to run third party if he lost the nomination to spoil the Republicans.

But if so, that's a dangerous game since the movement Trump represents isn't just going away even if he loses. The threatened demographic majority will turn to some other figure to build their "yooge wall." And I think that any quid-pro-quo bridge with the Clintons was burned the minute Trump saw he had a real shot at being President rather than playing spoiler. They've gotten far too personal, each camp literally tarring each-other (Donald and Bill) as rapists and both with reasonably credible allegations.

But, Trump seems to have stepped his foot in it with literally attacking the judge prosecuting him on Trump University for being Mexican-American. It's given the GOP leadership the excuse they need to push him into sticking to the teleprompter, to bring him to heel.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.