Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Nasa want to go to the moon again

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 08 Apr 2009, 03:46
I diffidently agree there. Nasa is pretty poor unfortunately.
Post 27 Apr 2009, 06:18
Also, last time I read this thread, I was going to post something about nuclear fusion. Something I read just today reminded me, and confirmed what i thought I had earlier thread.

Basically, nuclear fusion is possible and has been demonstrated in one way or another, but a self-sustained reaction has not yet been demonstrated. Apparently, and correct me if im wrong, it has something to do with the size of the reactor.
Post 27 Apr 2009, 08:09
Mostly correct I think.
Post 28 Apr 2009, 19:50
When ITER comes on line it is expected to be well above 100% efficient. Another interesting fact is that the increase in the efficiency of Tokamaks (fusion reactors) also obeys its own version of Moore's Law, only it grows at a slightly greater rate.

A slightly more random fact is that the plasma in a controled fussion reaction on Eath has to be ~10 times the temperature of the core of the sun (where natural fussion occurs) in order to produce fussion.
Post 28 Apr 2009, 21:57
Quote:
When ITER comes on line it is expected to be well above 100% efficient. Another interesting fact is that the increase in the efficiency of Tokamaks (fusion reactors) also obeys its own version of Moore's Law, only it grows at a slightly greater rate.

Could you please post proof? Thanks.
Post 28 Apr 2009, 22:31
Proof of ITER's efficiency?

http://www.iter.org/a/n1/objectives.htm

For the Moore's Law thing, I found this.
Post 09 May 2009, 01:51
Quote:
What use is a military base on the moon? Who the hell are you going to attack?

Aliens man.
Post 25 Jun 2009, 23:51
earth? preparation for a futur moon war.
Post 01 Sep 2009, 23:16
NASA isn't planning to send a manned spaceship to the moon before 2035.
Post 27 Sep 2009, 04:58
Quote:
NASA isn't planning to send a manned spaceship to the moon before 2035.

I thought it was 2020?
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]