Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Benefits of a Personality Cult

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 13 Dec 2005, 06:52
-Having a Collective mentality reduces mental problems associated with individualism like depression and a feeling of a unstable future.

-Laying all your hopes to your 'dear leader' will reduce all the anxieties of lossing a job ect.

-It's human nature to want to join something greater.

Anyone support goverments based on personalities.
Post 13 Dec 2005, 08:51
Of course the leaders must not necessarily be the most competent or have the best interests of the people on their minds.

Looking at Americas cult of personalities in the last several decades you have people worshiping president Regan and more recently W Bush (though this is limited, especially now).
Post 13 Dec 2005, 09:41
Quote:
All our lives we fought against exalting the individual, against the elevation of the single person, and long ago we were over and done with the business of a hero, and here it comes up again: the glorification of one personality. This is not good at all.

Those are the words of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin. I have nothing to add to them.
Post 14 Dec 2005, 19:29
Quote:
Quote:
All our lives we fought against exalting the individual, against the elevation of the single person, and long ago we were over and done with the business of a hero, and here it comes up again: the glorification of one personality. This is not good at all.

Those are the words of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin. I have nothing to add to them.

Its sad that he became the biggest example of the cult of personallity.
Post 14 Dec 2005, 22:12
Quote:
Its sad that he became the biggest example of the cult of personallity.

I find it more Ironic than anything. Fighting his whole life against something, then becomming it once he dies. Im shocked he hasnt rolled around in that glass casket afew times.
Post 14 Dec 2005, 22:21
Quote:
-Having a Collective mentality reduces mental problems associated with individualism like depression and a feeling of a unstable future.

The people who has this individualism problems there are not ready to build a great nation is easy give all our problems to a strong leader but is the easy way, i prefer a leader who have not problems to have to see his actions corrected by who follow he.

A strong leader, yes but a strong mob too.
Post 30 Dec 2005, 03:11
I always wanted to a genuine portrait of Stalin or Lenin in my room. Sometimes I just need a figure like them in my life.
Post 30 Dec 2005, 03:32
Quote:
I always wanted to a genuine portrait of Stalin or Lenin in my room. Sometimes I just need a figure like them in my life.

You mean like one of these?
Post 30 Dec 2005, 04:18
I have post cards of that and several propaganda posters on my wall.
You know the poster that translates ' Talking = enemy's assistance '.

this real portrait costs 800$
, it was painted during the Stalin era.
Post 30 Dec 2005, 07:27
A 'personality cult' can be helpful in unifying a nation during a time of turbulence and strife. People may feel more at ease with a strong leader when they are in such a situation. However, I don't think that such a cult would be good to have as a permanent policy.
Post 30 Dec 2005, 10:48
Quote:

I have both
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]