Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Che Guevara

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 23 May 2005, 23:10
World renowned as the all around best, most awesome person to ever walk this earth, Che Guevara is the ulitimate symbol of a the Human spirit and a true example of a Communist individual. Now, Can someone give me any more information about this great man. The politburo has apparently shut down the information office, or i would have asked there.
Post 23 May 2005, 23:26
The information office was closed because people were posting threads in there that should have gone in other on-topic forums. The information office was intended to help newbies use the site, but it wasn't really being used as such.
Post 24 May 2005, 00:14
What exactly do you want to know comrade?
Post 24 May 2005, 11:58
About his life after the Cuban Revolution. I'm going to read more in the wikipedia article, so ill update you when i'm done. I'd just like some anecdotes abouthis time helping the peasants and such.
Post 24 May 2005, 16:36
well after the revo, he spent some years with fidel untill he got into a fight with him, fidel got a little paranoid

then he tried to help revolution in colombia (i think it is, cant recall right now) where it didnt go so well, his poor health and the crappy jungle got himself very sick and then its said cia got him killed :P
Post 24 May 2005, 16:47
Hmm, I've seen no proof of any serious split occuring between Che and Fidel, but anyway, there are bound to be some more detailed articles on Che's life here:

http://www.che-lives.com/home/modules.p ... ries&cid=2
http://www.comradeche.com/index.php?id=articles
Post 25 May 2005, 05:20
Ok here's the deal: Che worked in Fidel's government for a while untill he felt like he wasn't doing anything important anymore. Then, he went to help a revolution in the Congo. This revolution failed miserably. He went to help a revolution in Bolivia. The Bolivian government and the CIA conspired together and executed Che in a school house.
Post 25 May 2005, 12:26
What about his helping the people and such like. any stories?
Post 25 May 2005, 12:52
Just go and check out 'Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life'...biography by John Lee Anderson. While he was a hero, he was not a saint.
Post 05 Jun 2005, 19:22
There are a lot of lies that circulate about Che, here are some rebuttels to common lies:

-Che was a Stalin supporting Marxist-Leninist who imprisoned and executed many cuban trotskyites
-Che and Fidel never split
- Che attacked Khruschevism and "de-stalinization" and supported Chairman Mao during the Sino-Soviet Split.
-Che hated yankee culture, was not in any rock band, and was not in Rage Against the Machine. If Che saw a yankee wearing his face on a tshirt because it's 'cool' he would probably beat the shit out of the said yankee.

And urban guerrilla, Che was a saint. He did what had to be done, he had to crack a few eggs for the omelet. And that right there is what seperates a real man of ideas and principles from a coward or opportunist. He was as selfless as the next guerrilla, so I guess it would only be fair to say Che and his men were saints.
Post 05 Jun 2005, 20:23
If you get a chance read (or rent the movie which is in Spanish) The The Motorcycle Diaries. It shows Che before he was a communist and how he always wanted to help people.

Quote:
Midwest Book Review
Full of high drama and comedy, The Motorcycle Diaries is the story of a remarkable road journey in the words of a 23-year-old medical student known as "Che". There are fights, parties, and serious drinking. There are also moving examples of Guevara's idealism and solidarity with the oppressed, in this vivid record of what for others would have been the adventure of a lifetime. No biographical study or understanding of Che Guevara is complete without the reading of his diaries recording his thoughts as he journeyed around South America.
Post 06 Jun 2005, 01:20
My freind saw the motorcycle diaries and said it was the most frikin awesome thing ever OMFG so i need to see it.
Post 06 Jun 2005, 06:56
Before he was a communist? I might be mistaken, but I think at the time he read, among others, Marx, Engels, Lenin etc. etc.
Post 10 Jun 2005, 06:14
I suspect that the promotion of Guevara is a bourgeois attempt to stifle the revolution, as Guevara represents a romanticised version of revolution, personality and charisma were valued instead of competence, of course, this is only my personal opion.
Post 17 Jun 2005, 04:29
The true death of Che will probably never be known, as no one truly knows who planned his assasination. Some say it was Fidel, others the CIA....
In Cuba nowadays, they tell us that the assasination was done through the CIA, but I am sure that is not 100% true.
Post 17 Jun 2005, 05:17
It was the CIA and the Bolivian governmnent...
Post 17 Jun 2005, 05:33
Yea, that is what is said to be the truth but I have heard various different explanations from people who actually knew Che. Some of them sound convincing, but I am not 100% sure.
Post 20 Jun 2005, 20:58
If he would have waited a couple of months (a year would have been even better) the Revolution would have sucseeded. I mean the Bolivian army was the worst army in Latin America.

Guevaras death was a combination of the CIA, Bolivian goverment, and the Bolivian communist party leader.

The CIA trained the Bolivian army but "said" that they did not want Guevara dead and make him into a maytr.

The Bolivian Goverment panicked and killed Guevara once he was captured and murdered him.

Guevara did not want to have a person with no military experience leading the Revolution and did not let the Bolivian communist party leader be the leader. Thus cutting all support from the party.
Post 20 Jun 2005, 22:54
Stupid power-hungry turncoat PIG!!!

(referring to the leader of the bolivian "communist" party)
Post 21 Jun 2005, 07:12
J.Jordan wrote:
-Che was a Stalin supporting Marxist-Leninist who imprisoned and executed many cuban trotskyites

Was his ideology actually Stalinism?

I've not read much information on that aspect of Che.
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]