Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Lenin's "impression" of Stalin

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 07 May 2004, 14:14
"By then, Stalin had a reputation as a revolutionary, "devoted Bolshevik," and Lenin's "right hand man." However, in reality Lenin had distrusted Stalin, and before his death had written a letter, often referred to as Lenin's Testament, warning against giving power to Stalin, calling him "rude," "intolerant," and "capricious." Stalin and his supporters had covered this letter up. Parts of it were leaked to members of the party but the full contents were not published until after Stalin's death in 1953." Quoted from http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/History-of-the-Soviet-Union

Is this true?

Andrew
Post 07 May 2004, 14:54
Post 07 May 2004, 19:00
PLP?

*dies laughing*
Post 09 May 2004, 23:00
I didn't say I supported them... but that book is a DAMN good source.
Post 23 May 2005, 17:15
PLP?

Seriously.
Post 05 Jun 2005, 19:33
How about you read all of Lenin's Final Testament (the one trotskyists paraphrase out of context to say "lenin disagreed with Stalin")? Lenin praises Stalin generously and only makes the criticism that he is too rude, and in fact speaks worse of Trotsky, Zinoviev, Kamenev and the rest of the trotskyist jew bloc as traitors.
Post 05 Jun 2005, 21:02
You can say what you want about that party, but that's not the point, the point is the book that this party is making available online, which, to my knowledge, wasn't written by a member or affiliate of theirs.
Post 24 Jun 2005, 19:24
J.Jordan wrote:
How about you read all of Lenin's Final Testament (the one trotskyists paraphrase out of context to say "lenin disagreed with Stalin")? Lenin praises Stalin generously and only makes the criticism that he is too rude, and in fact speaks worse of Trotsky, Zinoviev, Kamenev and the rest of the trotskyist jew bloc as traitors.

I found this link to Lenin's Testament:

http://home.mira.net/~andy/bs/1922vil.htm

Now, is this the full text? If so, I don't agree with you, Comrade Jordan; in this letter, I see Lenin being more critical of Stalin than of Trotsky.

I believe this section is the one for debate:

"I shall not give any further appraisals of the personal qualities of other members of the CC. I shall just recall that the October episode with Zinoviev and Kamenev was, of course, no accident, but neither can the blame for it be laid upon them personally, any more than non-Bolshevism can upon Trotsky."

I do not see in this string of sentences a condemnation of Trotsky.
Last edited by DaveyHollingrad on 26 Jun 2005, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
Post 25 Jun 2005, 07:26
You're quoting J.Jordan not Andrei Mazenov.
Post 26 Jun 2005, 04:09
Thanks for mentioning that...I'm still getting used to many people using the same avatar...
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]