Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Non-Conformism -what happened if you didn't...

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 30 Nov 2010, 00:16
Hello, I am new to the forum.

My question is "What happened to someone if they simply refused to work/be educated/produce, etc?" In other words, say during the 60's/70's/80's - someone just did not want to go to work, or go to school? Did they lock them up as crazy people? Were there street people that no one dealt with, etc? What if one simply thought it was all one big joke (i.e. the Soviet System), were they still fed and allowed housing/medical care, etc? Certainly there were professional criminals - I am surmising now that they locked them up in mental institutions. Could youngsters refuse military service without dire consequences? Was there a homeless element to soviet society at all (I am assuming not).
Last edited by fitz91701 on 30 Nov 2010, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
Post 30 Nov 2010, 00:58
in yugoslavia they didnt had to. they just had to phone sick and still receive 100% salary while they were doing some odd job like chopping timber or picking mushrooms and selling them. and that's how our neighbours got the money to build their house.
Post 30 Nov 2010, 04:26
Welcome to SE, Fitz. You should make a thread in the Introductions section so our members will know you're here and be able to answer any questions you have about using the forum.
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]