Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Would you like to see China end its one-child policy?

Log-in to remove advertisement.

Should China end its one-child policy?

Yes
33%
No
44%
Other
22%

Total votes : 18
Post 23 Jan 2013, 14:13
There's been a lot of talk recently on whether China will continue with its one-child policy, which it later confirmed it will.

Reportedly the policy currently only applies to about 35% of the Chinese population, with a further 52% having been allowed a second child.

After reading about the case of Feng Jianmei who was forced to have a termination at seven months (the photographs of her lying next to her dead child are very disturbing) I have to wonder how commonplace such incidents are in China.

So would you like to see China end its one-child policy?
Loz
Post 23 Jan 2013, 14:16
No, why would i? The Chinese government realized that they had too many people 30 years ago, and the population has since increased.
Post 24 Jan 2013, 00:02
No also. Even there I think there is almost too much people, so we might have to use the same kind of policy one of these days.
Post 24 Jan 2013, 13:09
Yes

No one has any right to tell people how many children they can have. Child birth is a right of all people. If I want to have thirty children and my wife is willing to undergo this (brave woman that she would be) then we can do so and no one has the right to stop us. Also national minorities are exempted from this policy. Why they and not the rest of the Chinese population?

Overpopulation is a bourgeois myth spread to keep people from uneconomically productive family life, heads down at the office or factory and it also exists to stop people creating too much of an economic burden for the ruling class. The larger the population the more it costs the bourgeoisie.
Loz
Post 24 Jan 2013, 13:20
Quote:
If I want to have thirty children and my wife is willing to undergo this (brave woman that she would be) then we can do so and no one has the right to stop us.

Yeah but you'd on the other hand expect the society to take care of that spawn? Because you sure as hell wouldn't be able to feed or clothe, not to mention raise them.

Quote:
Also national minorities are exempted from this policy. Why they and not the rest of the Chinese population?

To avoid human rights issues and massive dissatisfation among the minorities.

Quote:
Overpopulation is a bourgeois myth spread to keep people from uneconomically productive family life, heads down at the office or factory and it also exists to stop people creating too much of an economic burden for the ruling class.

It's no myth, there are countries that are clearly overpopulated. The Chinese Comparty thinks that there are too many people in China. I guess they have their reasons for that.

Quote:
The larger the population the more it costs the bourgeoisie.

People don't cost the bourgeoisie nothing. It's the people that produce value.
Post 24 Jan 2013, 14:09
Other.

It doesn't matter what I'd like, it's up to them to decide what's best for their country.
Post 24 Jan 2013, 15:06
Quote:
No one has any right to tell people how many children they can have. Child birth is a right of all people. If I want to have thirty children and my wife is willing to undergo this (brave woman that she would be) then we can do so and no one has the right to stop us.

I don't think you can have a right over the life of someone. You have no right to do whatever you want with children, they are not your property.
Post 30 Jan 2013, 17:48
I feel that the PRC should rescind it's policy. Modern liberated women typicly do not have as many children anyway, and I feel that overpopulation is a farce. http://theredphoenixapl.org/2009/03/01/the-myth-of-overpopulation I feel therefore that family planning should be a personal matter for the women involved.
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]