Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

CCCP Order of Lenin Lighter?

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 31 May 2016, 22:10

Found a lighter on the beach, was wanting to know if anyone had any other information on it and perhaps an auction price?
Post 31 May 2016, 23:12
Hello opiv,

Unfortunately I can't see your image, but if it's just a zippo lighter with an Order of Lenin pasted on, it's simply a modern souvenir and worth about $5 new.
Post 01 Jun 2016, 03:19
soviet78 wrote:
Hello opiv,

Unfortunately I can't see your image, but if it's just a zippo lighter with an Order of Lenin pasted on, it's simply a modern souvenir and worth about $5 new.

http://imgur.com/a/dPHVZ
Here is the link to it
Post 01 Jun 2016, 05:02
It certainly looks "vintage", and is faded and worn in the right places, but it's very hard to tell. You might try taking it to an appraiser for a professional opinion.
Post 01 Jun 2016, 21:38
Ah there it is; nah sorry opiv, this isn't an antique.

http://posezonam.ru/pezo-zazhigalka-orden-lenina-z335.html

260 rubles (about $3.75).

Order, you'd know that if you spent more time in the home country! These kinds of things sell on every corner kiosk, in tourist areas anyway.

The Soviets would never put a big pseudo-medal on a lighter. If it were a tiny impression akin to the symbol of quality that would be one thing, but a big honkin' medal like this, no way.
Post 01 Jun 2016, 23:32
soviet78 wrote:
Order, you'd know that if you spent more time in the home country! These kinds of things sell on every corner kiosk, in tourist areas anyway.

I see what you mean. I was wondering why they would even put such a high status state medal on a lighter, even one that seems a small upgrade from the common Bic model. I thought it might be meant as a kitsch item for tourists.

When I last visited the old country, it was High Yeltsin era and memories of Soviet days were Officially Proscribed. In fact, the main thing I noticed was the resurgence of the Church in full swing. Men in priest vestments and sunglasses were everywhere in Murmansk.
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]