Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Soviet Union or Soviet Equipment in Video Games

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 15 May 2009, 03:17
I recntly picked up a copy of HAWX a popular video game for Xbox 360. I noticed in an i game briefing I was told we have the best equipment money could buy, my choices ofr the mission where Mig-21, Mig-25, and SU-25. THe game is set in 2012. ITs still fun though, and im only on the second board. In ace combat six, my favorite plane is the SU-33. Just for kicks I love to play World in conflict for PC, its an awesome what if game. For old school computer I like to play Global thermo Nuclear war, It had no graphics just tect you choose either American or Soviet. YOu had X amount of ICBMS, and Y amount of ABMs, and a target list.

What are some of your favorite games related to our cause.
Post 15 May 2009, 05:11
Just a heads up, the MiG-25 and MiG-21 are a generation behind current in service platforms. They're practically ancient.
Post 17 May 2009, 03:57
Yeah I know all those planes are ancient, I just though it Ironic that they said they had the best equipment money could buy. Isnt the Mig-21 Pre-Vietnam era.
Post 17 May 2009, 04:19
It's not pre. It's right on.
Post 22 May 2012, 01:02
Actually, the Soviet equipment is still behind the US equipment. The damn imperialists keep one-upping us. The tank designs were cramped and had less armour, but it would be stretching the truth to say aircraft were as good.
The com[parison between an F/A-18E and a MiG-31:
F-18e:
Maximum speed in low-level: Mach 1.8
Combat radius: 390 nmi (449 mi, 722 km) for interdiction mission
Thrust/weight: 0.93
and these features on a MiG-31:
Maximum speed in low-level: Mach 1.2
Combat radius: 720 km
Thrust/weight: 0.85
The Imperialist plane has a faster low-level speed than ours, but a lower combat radius, and more power for the weight than ours. But the reduced radius doesn't matter- They have refueling planes that fill their planes up.
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]