Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Favorite Soviet Union weapon?

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 19 Jun 2009, 01:42
Out of the limited soviet equipment that I have actually had hands on with, Id say its a toss up between the t-64, or my mosin Nagant. When I was stationed in 29 palms they where installing a static display of a t-64, T-55 or t-54, and a self propelled gun what is the su-152 i dont really remember. Me and a buddy had been drinking at the bowling alley on main side and we stumbled across the static display. climbed in the equipment and turned the turret and everything it was cool. But I own an SKS, a Mosin in great condtion I love the the hammer and sickle stamped on it from the factory, a chinesse AK, aswell as a yugo-44 (copy of k-98) The Mosin you can almost feel the courage emmiting from it every time you cycle the bolt.

Hands down euipment that I havent actually touched is either the Typhoon (nato name) SSBN, nothing says Mutually Assured Destruction like one of those. Runner up is the Tu-160 nothing is more sexier than that plane, B-1 is close. If im going to get bombed I want it to be done by the 160, and not the 95 or or 22.
Post 19 Jun 2009, 02:59
Definatly SVD
Post 14 Oct 2009, 00:35
The GShG-7.62 machine gun would take out a group of soldiers easily with its 6,000 RPM fire but it weighs at 19kg, which is a burden on the soldier and it also overheats easily.

Post 14 Oct 2009, 21:41
Quote:
That is the best weapon for me,i have service with this and never leave me

ummm - Comrade Aleksiev? That's a TYPE 1 AK... you must be older than I am if it's the rifle you had service with

Are you sure you were not issued an AKM?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AKM for a larger image....
Post 17 Oct 2009, 15:10
I also am fond of the SKS rifle. It was truly the poor for the poor man and the guerrilla armies of the world.

Post 06 Nov 2009, 17:59
Thank you Comrades, for your collective knowledge in this area.

I think the greatest weapon in the Red Army, are the men and women who created a human wall of Communism, in the face of Capitalist and Nazi aggression. That is, the selfless will of the Communist soldier.
Post 15 Nov 2009, 05:00
Polyus Orbital Weapons Platform. Its a huge soviet laser in space. Win. Yes, a "pew pew pew" type laser that makes other satellites go up in flames.
It was also painted black for stealth!
Did I also mention that it can throw mines, nuclear and conventional bombs, and it has a docking port for Buran, which itself can launch Nuclear missiles.
Post 15 Nov 2009, 10:01
O_O
AWESOME.
Post 15 Nov 2009, 11:21
As far as I know, those things never became active.
Post 15 Nov 2009, 23:35
TheRussianLord wrote:
As far as I know, those things never became active.

Who cares, they are awesome. Meant to target Regans "Star Wars" which was a lie.
Post 16 Nov 2009, 00:00
Sure. There are also the ASAT sattelites that carried HE warheads, and were meant to destroy other sattelites. Those are still up in orbit as far as I know. There was also that space fighter sattelite, with an iic 20mm automatic cannon on it, in orbit. I don't know how many of those were/are operational but they had at least a few.
Post 16 Nov 2009, 03:54
i thought conventional guns don't work in space
Post 16 Nov 2009, 04:46
I don't know how it was designed/adapted to outer space. I just read about it. I'll get you details on the project and stuff, in a couple of days (gotta go dig up my book on it).
Post 22 Nov 2009, 06:30

The ZSU-23-4 Always a good choice....
Post 22 Nov 2009, 06:35
Of course, this one would work on me on any given day.....
Post 30 Nov 2009, 11:16
I would use my rocket on that lady and discharge my fuel on her.
Post 30 Nov 2009, 22:24
ew..
Post 15 Dec 2009, 03:59
Tails wrote:
I would use my rocket on that lady and discharge my fuel on her.

No comment.

Also, I forgot to add the TU-160 Blackjack supersonic bomber.
Post 16 Dec 2009, 00:01
Oh no, I have discharged my MR-UR-100 Sotka missile already. That woman should be prepared for a surprise.

Loz
Post 03 Jan 2010, 03:09
AK-47(74),Malyutka,RPG-7,Dragunov sniper are the weapons that contributed(would contribute) most to revolution's cause because of it's price and effectiveness
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]