Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Login ] [ Active ]

Favorite Soviet Union weapon?

Log-in to remove advertisement.
Post 25 Jan 2011, 08:24
I ve heard a very good feedback about PKM machine gun. Its lightqweight for its class (around 8 kg), can fast change barrel without instruments and uses strong round. I ve heard someone call it automatic sniper rifle.
I guess its supposed to be good at shooting too.
Post 13 Mar 2011, 12:29
I really want to say Ak-47 because... well its true. BUT just to change things up, Im going with the balistic knife used by the Spetsnaz.

Imagine it in a knife fight?

*Jabs with knife* *other guy grabs arm, stopping knife inches from neck* "Ha, almost" *pushes button, knife is balistically (or via spring in newer models) propelled into neck.
Post 04 Apr 2011, 22:57
For me it would no doubt be the MiG-15.
Post 05 Apr 2011, 00:16
5hifty wrote:
I really want to say Ak-47 because... well its true. BUT just to change things up, Im going with the balistic knife used by the Spetsnaz.

Playing too much COD: Black Ops?
Post 05 Apr 2011, 06:05
Actually Ive never even played the multiplayer on Black Ops. I know that there is a balistic knife in that game, totally wrongly portrayed. But I knew about the weapon long before that game made it a fad for kids to stick springs on knives.

**Edit** But seriously, how much of a edge would that give you in a knife/hand to hand fight? Having a stabing inpliment in your hand, that could be used as a projectile weapon. Aside from loosing your knife when you used it...
Post 05 Apr 2011, 18:16
I think the shoe knife used by the KGB would be pretty sweet too.
Post 06 Apr 2011, 04:18
Havent heard of that one. Im assuming its just like it sounds? A James Bond-esq stamp foot knife comes out the end?

Try getting that onto a airplane now....

Actually Im putting in another vote.

The umbrella gun. Fires a poisoned pellet, with next to no sound. I am sure it was used by the Soviets... or maybe it was against them. I know there was a high ranking offical assasinated using it.
Post 23 Apr 2011, 09:16
5hifty wrote:
The umbrella gun. Fires a poisoned pellet, with next to no sound. I am sure it was used by the Soviets... or maybe it was against them. I know there was a high ranking offical assasinated using it.

I think it was the Bulgarians actually, but it's a clever gadget:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov

and there's a diagram of it here if you're industrious
:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Markov_umbrella.PNG

I don't know that one has been used under any other circumstances, but I suppose it's possible.
Post 07 Jun 2011, 04:14
The AEK-971. Of course I've never shot one before but the science behind it's operating system makes sense. And if they have managed to reduce the already virtually nonexistent recoil of the AK-74 enough that the russian millitary is planning to adopt it then it must be fairlly effective.
Loz
Post 08 Jun 2011, 02:40
RT-23 Molodec is cool too.A train-based intercontinental ballistic missile!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT-23_Molodets

Post 02 Jul 2011, 17:50
The MiG-29 Fulcrum....still my all time favorite fighter. Whether it is flying in NATO or Warsaw Pact colors trully a beautiful bird. Personally though, I always liked the DDR paint scheme as shown below.

Post 10 Jul 2011, 03:40
Typhoon class submarine
Post 24 Sep 2011, 16:33
As for my favorite Firearm...Mosin-Nagant. Greatest Bolt-Action ever made
Post 25 Sep 2011, 21:55
Comrade Whiggon wrote:
As for my favorite Firearm...Mosin-Nagant.

Good choice.

I'd have to say my favorite is the AMD 65.
Post 27 Sep 2011, 10:34
My favourite weapon Moisin-Nagant Carbine model 1944 7.62mm
Post 27 Sep 2011, 16:45
Yagoda wrote:
My favourite weapon Moisin-Nagant Carbine model 1944 7.62mm

Mine would be the Mosin-Nagant M91/30 with a 30mm Scope of Soviet production.
Post 11 Nov 2011, 08:10
AK-47,DShK,MiG-21,IS-2/3,T-72,La-7,T-34 and Propaganda leaflets.
Post 11 Nov 2011, 21:06
Su-35
As I heard (i haven't found any similar claims on the internet, but to be honest, i haven't even looked) Sukhoi 35 was a mystery for the USA until the very end of the Soviet Union. Apparently, none of the US pilots flying over the Artic circle survived the encounter with a Su-35 to tell anything about it.

Su-35 was a class better from any Western fighter: supermanouverability unparalleled in any other aircraft (proving the above statement correct), ability to shoot air-to-air weapons from any angle. helmet-mounted-display with the ability to lock and shoot weapons (pure sci-fi for then-modern Western fighters)...
Post 12 Nov 2011, 02:19
My 1944 Izhvesk Arsenal M44 carbine. It's Re-arsenaled and has electro-penciled numbers on the bolt, mag plate and butt pad. But I like it none the less.

I would like to have an M91/30 with a PU mount and scope fitted, but I curious at mounting a scope on the M44.
Post 12 Nov 2011, 03:29
A vehicle that made a splash when it appeared was the BMP transport. One of the first attempts at a personnel carrier that can ambush and kill tanks.
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
[ Top ]